How to use Stitch Weld Calc
First: figure out what you are solving for
Reference the following graphic and information to figure out what you are solving for and what information you will need. These are the same values we will be using for our example.
- Bead Quantity = 3
- There are three weld beads in this example.
- Bead Length = 2
- Each weld bead is two units long.
- Bead Pitch = 6
- The distance between the center of one weld bead to the next is six units.
- Welded Section Length = 14
- The total welded section length is 14 units from the start of the first weld to the end of the last weld.
For our example we will be solving for bead pitch. We have a section we need to weld that is 14 inches long. For this job we want there to be 3 weld beads that are each 2 inches long.
So, for our example we have the following...
- Bead Quantity: 3
- We will be laying 3 weld beads.
- Bead Length: 2
- Each weld bead will be 2 inches long.
- Bead Pitch: ???
- This is what we are solving for. The distance between the center of one weld bead to the center of the next weld bead.
- Welded Section Length: 14
- The total length from the start of the first weld to the end of the last weld is 14 inches.
Second: choose your variable
Once you know what you want to solve for, click the selector button of the parameter you want to solve. For our example, we will be solving for bead pitch. We will click the bead pitch selector button.
Third: enter your information and click Calculate
Enter your information into the other three form fields and click the Calculate button. It's that easy. Just make sure whichever units you are using are all the same!